We live in challenging times, when issues such as downsizing, outsourcing, and simple economics can pose a significant threat to your business, as well as your employees. When changes occur in your company, the professional advice
of a skilled labour lawyer can help you through the process so that costly court battles can be avoided.
Gary A. Bennett is an experienced Labour and Employment lawyer
who represents employees as well as employers in the various areas of federal and provincial labour and employment law.
His wealth of knowledge and experience can help employees handle:
- Negotiation of termination packages
- Accommodation of workplace injuries
- Defending against employment injunctions
- Discrimination and harassment in the workplace
- Negotiation of executive employment agreements
Acting to protect the interests of employees, Gary has been able to consistently obtain significant compensation for employees
involved in wrongful dismissal cases due to improper termination. His experience spans a variety of fields, having represented those in management, finance, sales, telecommunications, unions, and medical professionals. Employees represented by Gary also vary, from Chairman of the Board to general labourers.
On behalf of employers, Gary Bennett advises in the area of human resources. His experience in providing sound legal advice, and facilitating the proper preparation from the onset of the employment relationship has helped many employers avoid costly court battles. When employment is started in the proper manner, an employer is better able to promote and terminate on merit, without the complication of lawsuits. When cases go to court, Gary Bennett is a labour lawyer who defends his clients’ interests in the court. Some of the services our corporate clients receive include:
- Human rights training
- Company policy manuals
- Mass layoffs
- Enforcing non-solicitation agreements
Gary also conducts seminars for human resource staff members, advising them on the legalities of their field. We encourage you to arrange for Gary Bennett to speak at your next human resource management training or educational conference.
Gary Bennett’s labour law practice is unique
in that he is happy to represent both unionized companies as well as unions and employee associations. In the area of labour law, many lawyers commit themselves to one side or the other, representing only one type of client, either the union or the employer. This way of practice puts the lawyer at risk of developing tunnel vision, limiting their ability to see the overall picture in the arguments in which they are involved.
Gary Bennett brings years of experience to each case. He has assisted employers after the formation of a union by employees, negotiated collective agreements, worked with clients in the preparation of collective bargaining, assisted in the negotiation of contracts, and conducted grievance arbitration meetings to support employee terminations.
He has also helped employees form a certified union or employee association, following many through the entire process, from the initial certification meeting through the approval process with the Labour Board. He has helped unions and employee associations negotiate contracts, and has argued the various grievances that have arisen along the way.
Gary Bennett practices with the commitment to provide both companies and unions with the best legal services
that will allow them protection of their interests, and avoid disputes pertaining to labour relations. He has also decertified several unions in various sectors across Ontario. Therefore, he brings a wealth of experience to most aspects of the labour relations process.
Our practice in Mississauga serves the areas of Greater Toronto, Brampton, and Oakville. Contact us today for your consultation with Gary A. Bennett.
- Corporate Employment Law Mississauga, ON - Employees facing termination seek a lawyer in Mississauga well-versed in corporate employment law
- Workplace Health Mississauga, ON - Labour lawyer in Mississauga educates clients about workplace health and safety
- Labour lawyers Mississauga - Labour lawyers in Mississauga educates clients about workplace health and safety
- Mississauga Employment Lawyer - A qualified Mississauga Employment Lawyer can improve human resources in your company
- Employment Lawyer In Mississauga - Employment lawyer in Mississauga provides suggestions for handling termination meetings
- Discrimination and Harassment in the Workplace Mississauga - Minimizing risk of discrimination and harassment in the workplace for your Mississauga business
- Employee Rights in Mississauga - Understanding employee rights in the Mississauga, Ontario area
- What is an Injunction Mississauga? - Wondering "what is an injunction?" Your Mississauga lawyer provides details.